Sunday, July 12, 2009

Good morning, Sunday’s Best

What a morning, week, month, year. Life has been crazy. I really don't even know where to start anymore. I am having one of those days I suppose. Where you feel like things are going nowhere and you start losing motivation. That sucks. That is one of the worst feelings in the world. A couple years back I started a Zine called M.A.D: Mae's Mad About Art. I guess you could say I kind of lost touch with it during all the stuff I was going through. It was definitely NOT real fun. It has been some of the best and worst times of my life. I guess I have been trying to find myself or figure out how I will be able to create things and survive off of them for life. I want to make this a lifelong goal and career.

I let go of the Zine for the time being because I had started school again and wasn't having any luck. I then did a publication for the school I was attending and even created the name for it. One accomplishment down in life. Now to pursue my own. To work at it and not give up. I received a submission this winter and was completely tickled. I then received a letter from the gal who made the submission. That letter was pretty inspiring. She told me she is, "ok with rejection; but is not ok with giving up". There are so many little things and signs that God has sent me now and it is time I use what he has given me. Enough putting it on the back burner. I want to be something and create an impression in someone's life. I want to do what I love. I want to help others in any way I can.

I am so sick of this crazy world and all of this depressing news and the economy and so on. We need to support each other. Be Self-Sufficient. Use our hands to create something out of nothing. Enough with all of the mass production and supporting people working in third world countries for OUR country. Make something that is worth something. Something that is created with your own two hands and knowing that you have put that together and crafted it with love. Something that will uphold a few uses and etc. I am just tired of supporting everyone else. We need to break that cycle. We need to support each other, buy handmade, create handmade, sell handmade. It will surely be a beautiful thing and eventually I believe that the economy will bounce back at some point. But I want to see things made in the U.S.A. not China, Japan and yada yada. We need to make our own things. I have nothing against other countries but we should support our own before we support someone else's.

So, please check out my Zine Myspace and add it. I want to be in touch with more crafty people, more artists. I crave that bond. I crave creating. I crave self-sufficiency. We may just start a chain reaction. It has to start somewhere! So, let's do it! Come on everyone! Take the handmade pledge!!!! I did. Feel free to follow me on my blog. Email me, lets chat and everything else. Email me your Etsy shop, I will visit it, and most likely heart it and hopefully it will bring in more people to your site.

Facebook for Mae Creates

http://www.facebook.com/maecreates/

Twitter for Tweets

http://www.twitter.com/maecreates/

Myspace for Mae's Distro

http://www.myspace.com/maesmadaboutart/

Mae Creates Blog

http://www.maecreates.blogspot.com/

Indie Public for Mae Creates

Not sure of my address there but my username is maecreates

I will figure this out and post it at a later time!

Check out Mae Creates Etsy Shop

http://www.maecreates.etsy.com/

Check out Designs by Shanda

http://www.designsbyshanda.etsy.com/

Drop me an email, request a tutorial, I will find what you are looking for!

Mucho Love Amigos!

♥

Mae.

maedistro@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment